Dental office marketing was unheard of 20 years ago. People went to the only dentist in town. Now that choice has expanded and people are more willing to travel to a practice that they like and trust, so nowdays dental office marketing is the key to attracting new patients to your door.
Marketing systems come in many different shapes and sizes, some effective and some completely ineffective but when you are considering what you should do for your dental office marketing, the most important thing you need is to make sure that you are getting the right benefits into your practice.
Let's push aside all the promotional speak and swanky advertising to concentrate just for a minute on what you as a dentist should be looking to benefit from when investing in marketing for your dental office.
1. Identify the types of patients you really want and let your competitors deal with the patients that are just hassle with no reward. There are plenty of patients out there – you just need to attract the right ones.
2. Be the first dentist people look for in your area and the first name they think of when it comes to dental health.
3. Create better relationships with your current clients, your new clients and those clients that you have forgotten about: through consistent communication that is helpful, enjoyable and useful to receive.
4. Militate against any patients leaving your practice by getting their commitment, trust and satisfaction in your service. Build their loyalty using dental office marketing and they will not go after a cheaper offer elsewhere.
5. Implement referral systems that reward your existing patients to champion your service to others. Get them motivated to tell everyone about you. This will be your strongest and best quality form of marketing and promotion.
6. Automate all marketing strategies so that you can benefit from better client relationships and more desirable business whilst focusing on your expertise – dentistry.
7. Involve your staff in marketing and they will feel engaged, rewarded, and back the growth in your dental practice, while promoting you to all their friends – great word of mouth.
8. Effective dental office marketing gives you the one thing you need when all is said and done and that is freedom. Freedom and time created because you do not have to be in your dental office every hour available to make the payroll. Smart and effective marketing strategies make businesses predictable and successful. This will give you the choice of how much you work, when you work and when you spend time with your family.
The best way of getting all the benefits of effective online and offline marketing is not having to think about it yourself. We have searched and tested just about every dental office marketing strategy known to man – and ferreted out the ones that REALLY work. And we've accumulated strategies that could make a big difference in your practice and life.