A pediatric dentist is a dentist that takes care of children from infancy through their teen years when at that time they will switch to a regular dentist. Pediatric dentistry is a specialty that a dentist can choose to specialize in after becoming a licensed dentist. They have to have completed four years of dental school and two more years of residency training in dentistry for infants to teens that have special needs.
Some of the treatments that a pediatric dentistry office might offer can include:
• Oral health exams for infants
• Prevention dental care that includes fluoride treatments, cleanings and diet and nutrient information.
• Counseling for habits such as thumb sucking and pacifier use
• Treatment and early assessment for improper biting correction and teeth straightening
• Repairing defects or tooth cavities
When you are looking for a pediatric dentistry for the first time there are some … Read More