Notice that when you're moving in a room that is seldom properly ventilated, you'll be experiencing difficulties in breathing in just a few minutes. This is because minute mold spores are airborne, and once agitated, may float around in the air until they find their way into your respiratory system.
Other symptoms of mold-related health problems are sneezing and congestion of the nose. Where an especially large amount of spores have been inhaled, a tightness in the chest may be experienced.
Irritation of the skin and eyes
Exposure to mold may cause a severe irritation of the eyes. They may become red and swollen and you may even be teary-eyed. Likewise, your skin may also itch when exposed to these fungi and / or develop a nasty rash. When cleaning areas with mold growth, you should see to it that you are wearing protective gloves, a mask, and even protective glasses to prevent contact with these organizations.
Headaches and fever
Difficulties in breathing can give rise to other mold-related health problems such as headaches. When your nose is congested, you tend to exert greater effort in trying to breathe normally, and this results in severe heads. And since mold attacks the healthy cells in your body, your antibodies may become automatically mobilized, resulting in a fever.
What about toxic molds?
The toxic type excretes a dangerous mycotoxin that causes mold-related health problems such as those for the non-toxic type, in addition to the following more serious symptoms:
Migraines. These are worse forms of headaches and may become more severe over the years as long as the Mold Treatment growth remains in the home.
Nausea. Once the mold enters your system, it can attack the digestive organisms and induce nausea and vomiting.
Sick building syndrome. This is a condition that originates from residing or working in a building or structure believed to harbor biological contaminants such as bacteria, pollen, viruses, and molds, among others.
People affected with this syndrome experience headaches; eye, nose, and throat irritation; fatigue; and a difficulty in concentrating and focusing.
Memory impairment. This is one of the most telling symptoms of a mold-related health problem, especially when it is characterized in an individual not particularly recently to having memory lapses.
Nervous disorders. Mold has detrimental effects on the nervous system, interfering with the body's myelin levels. Myelin is one of the components of the neurons' covering and exposure to mold may result in mood swings.
Damage to organs. The liver, kidneys, lungs, brain, and other major organs can be severely affected by toxic mold. Scientists have attributed the breakdown of immune sysems to mold, where some have addressed in death.
Fortunately, most molds we find at home are non-toxic. However, since the toxic mold variety can grow anywhere, it is best to totally eliminate all of its forms, no matter how small the growth. …