Ashwagandha, a herb, finds extensive usage in Ayurvedic medicine. It is popularly known as Indian Ginseng. However, KSM-66 Ashwagandha is not related to ginseng in any way. Ashwagandha is comprised of two Sanskrit words, “ashwa” meaning “horse” and “gandha” meaning “smell”. These words throw light on the properties of the herb. It works as a sedative and calms the mind.
What is KSM-66 Ashwagandha?
KSM-66 is a specialized extract of Ashwagandha, where the active ingredients of the herb (Withanolides) are sourced from only the root. In other extracts, the active ingredients have been sourced from both the leaf and the root. The latter extracts go against the practices of traditional Ayurveda.
Health Benefits of KSM-66 Ashwagandha
- In recent years, Ashwagandha has been the topic of much research. Many studies have shown that the herb has a rich content of steroidal lactones and alkaloids. Besides, it is rich in amino acids, fatty acids, and choline.
- Ashwagandha has myriad health benefits that can be used to treat several diseases and disorders.
- KSM-66 Ashwagandha works like an adaptogen. This means that it effectively combats daily stress and tension. Ashwagandha, when taken in regular amounts, increases the body’s resistance to stress, simultaneously increasing energy levels.
- It gives a tremendous boost to the immune system. This could reduce the onset of various ailments and disorders.
- Ashwagandha has proven benefits on the functioning of the brain, ensuring enhanced thinking and betterment in decision making. The herb has positive effects on memory and concentration, which can be used for the benefits of students.
- KSM-66 Ashwagandha functions like an anti-anxiety agent, which can reduce anxiety levels as well as depression. It has a soothing effect on the brain, and due to its sedative effects, it can help treat insomnia.
- This herb prevents brain cell degeneration, which could prevent or delay the occurrence of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- A known aphrodisiac, Ashwagandha alleviates fertility problems in women and men. In addition, it can give a boost to your libido.
- This herb alleviates pain and has anti-inflammatory properties, making it supremely useful in the treatment of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Ashwagandha is known to regulate blood sugar levels; thus helping those who suffer from type 2 diabetes.
- Some studies have shown that Ashwagandha can lower levels of LDL or bad cholesterol. Thus it can prevent the onset of cardiovascular diseases.
- This herb inhibits cancer cell growth in the colon, breast, and lungs with no effect on normal cells. These properties make it ideal for use an anti-cancer herb.
- Because it plays the role of an adaptogen, it can be used in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders. Besides, it can help treat wounds and reduce back pain.
- Other disorders where Ashwagandha has known positive effects include tuberculosis, asthma, fibromyalgia, bronchitis, chronic liver disease, and menstrual problems.
- KSM-66 Ashwagandha also has numerous benefits for the skin. It demonstrates anti-ageing properties, which delays the onset of wrinkles and gives you a youthful appearance. It can effectively treat leucoderma and other skin conditions