1. You May Qualify for a Free Drug program.
· There are over 1,100 drugs that are made by 100
Manufacturers who have free drug programs. Most major drug
Companies provide free medicines, but rarely, if ever
Publicize their programs. An estimated two billion dollars
Of free medication is given away annually.
· Larry's father has prostate cancer and takes Casodex
Every day, which costs $ 300 a month in the US, and $ 180 from
Mexico. He sent his father's information to see if he
Qualified. He recently found out his father did qualify to
Receive the drug free. Larry just happened to see a small
Article buried inside the newspaper. He never knew these
· A complete list of drugs and manufacturers' programs is
Available. For more information visit: http://www.institutedc.org
2. Get a Pharmacy Discount Card for Free.
· AdvanceRx offers a free discount card to anyone that saves
13% -25% and covers all drugs dispensed at a pharmacy. For
Details, call 1-800-ADVANCE (238-2623) or http://www.advancerx.com .
· There are five free discount cards for Senior citizens.
The discount cards cover over 200 popular medicines.
3. Save Up to 93% by Asking for a Generic
· Use generics whenever they are available. Both brand name
And generic drugs contain the same active ingredients, are
The same in strength and dosage, meet the same government
Quality control standards.
· According to Mark Erblat, Pharmacy Director and owner of
Rx For You, cost savings on brand name vs. Generic will vary
From drug to drug and pharmacy to pharmacy but can be
Significant. For instance:
· Prozac brand 20mg, 100 tablets cost $ 280.19 and generic
Sells for $ 29.99 (Savings 89%)
· Vasotec brand 5mg, 100 tablets costs $ 103.59 and generic
Sells for $ 18.19 (Savings 82%)
· Zantac brand 150mg 100 tablets costs $ 173.39 and generic
Sells for $ 10.99 (Savings 93%)
· Zestril brand 10mg 100 tablets costs $ 96.29 and generic
Sells for $ 39.99 (Savings 58%)
4. Veterans Now Qualify for More Benefits.
· Recent laws have changed that grant veterans medical
Benefits for certain illnesses like diabetes and
Hypertension, provided the veterinarian is subject to qualifying
Conditions like agent orange exposure.
· See if you qualify for benefits by checking with the
5. Cut Your Costs in Half … by Using a Pill Splitter.
· Most pharmacies should stock pill splitters. Sometimes,
Medications can be broken in half and save you 50%. The
Reason is because some pharmaceutical manufacturers price
Some of their medications the same for all strengths.
· Lipitor is essentially the same price for all strengths.
It is possible to save as much as $ 100 on a one month supply
Of Lipitor just by getting the larger strength and cutting
In half. Ask your pharmacist.
· This method may not be appropriate for all medications and
Could be dangerous if used with the wrong medication.
· Begin by asking your doctor or pharmacist if …